This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for this web site and for ZeroTier’s root server and hosted network controller infrastructure used to operate its network virtualization products and services. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection and Use
ZeroTier products and services may directly or indirectly transmit information to ZeroTier, Inc., some of which may be collected and stored by us.
- Public IP addresses of web browsers and API clients accessing ZeroTier web sites and services.
- Web browsing patterns on ZeroTier web sites such as pages visited, page visit order, referring links, etc.
- Web browser or client versions, operating systems, and other general statistics as revealed in request headers or via other in-band sources.
- Public IP addresses of devices running ZeroTier network virtualization software.
- General system information about devices running ZeroTier network virtualization software such as device operating system and hardware characteristics.
- Information directly entered into forms on ZeroTier web sites or through ZeroTier services for the purpose of account creation or support or sales inquiries.
This information may be used by ZeroTier, Inc. to improve and optimize our web site, products, and services. It will not be sold or shared with any third party without your consent except as required to fulfill a request such a shipping an order and excepting third parties such as consultants under direct contract (including non-disclosure agreements) with ZeroTier, Inc.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information such as names, addresses, billing credentials, and phone numbers, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment and this information is encrypted at rest whenever possible.